2013 Lessons Learned
If you're reading this and expecting a list of 2013 lessons then clearly you either have too much time on your hands or you think that I do! Instead, I'm taking a trip down memory lane to share with you some grey beard-ish wise words, stroking my chin as I type in the hope that one day I too will have a beard worthy of appearing in a Lord of the Rings movie...
Sit back, put your feet up and you will learn all that is required to successfully navigate your way through 2014*
- Running a business is hard work
- Some clients cost you much more than they pay you.
- Buying a coffee machine is much cheaper than buying 12 months worth of coffees
- Jam and Cream Donuts make buying 12 months worth of coffees worth it
- Suzuki Swift Sports can comfortably achieve speeds of 90kmph in second gear
- Renting an office next door to a pub is definitely a good investment
- It's difficult to get sick of cheese and bacon sausage rolls - but possible
- 3yr old sons make life totally interesting
- Taking risks in business is absolutely essential - you will generally get it right more than you get it wrong
- Having a business coach / mentor / someone to bounce ideas off is essential to progressing your business
- Networking is a skill not an activity - doing it well will lay foundations for your business for years to come, not to mention the great friendships that grow out of it
- White furniture gets dirty - fast
- Wearing thongs and shorts while doing a presentation in Hyden earns you a beer - before you even start the presentation!
- Wearing thongs and shorts in Google Business Photos does not look terribly professional - though is entirely comfortable
- Running a business is hard work - but worth it...
And there you have it! Consider yourself well educated and have an awesome 2014!
* Some or all of this may or may not be true...