Adding your Business to iOS6 Apple Maps
Recently Apple updated their software to iOS6 and with that comes Apple Maps. But where is your business?
Great question, and fortunately it is not that hard to "find" it!
- Say Apple Maps App 10 times really fast, or just open it - your choice.
- Search for your Business Name and it will probably say No Results Found. But that's ok, if you said Apple Maps App 10 times it might have worked - or it might not - you'll never know unless you try it...
- Dismiss that alert and then you will see the page curled up slightly in the bottom right corner. Press on that so you get the full range of options.
- There is a small very easy to miss link which says "Report a Problem". Click that link...
- On the next screen, select "Location is Missing" and press Next.
- Drag the pin so it is over your business, say Apple Maps App 5 times, then press Next. (OK OK you don't really have to say anything...)
- For the Name, use your business name. Fill in all the other fields as required then press Send.
Does it work? No idea, I just did it myself this evening but everything looks like it will, so I suppose the question is how long does it take... I will be sure to post the answer to that here when I find out!