WordPress eCommerce Plugin & Advam
- Search Engine
- Download Code
- Upload Code
- Apply authentication to settings
- Inform the client to crack open an ice cold beer and watch the $$ roll in as people purchase from their shop
But, how wrong was I! Aside from no plugin or code to be downloaded anywhere (or beer, let alone ice cold ones!), there wasn't even any information on how to integrate the two.
Always up for a challenge, I set out to write my own Advam merchant gateway class for WordPress e-Commerce, and here it is:
And here are the all important steps to enjoying your ice cold beer:
- Make sure you have your Advam Account Number, Operator ID and Operator Password handy - you will need these later.
- Click on the link above to download the Zip file. Unzip it and remember where you saved advam.merchant.php to.
- Use your favourite FTP program to upload the file into your wordpress install (/wp-content/plugins/wp-e-commerce/wpsc-merchants/)
- Log into your WordPress administration panel and go to the settings for the Store.
- Click on the Payment tab and tick the box next to Advam - then press Update.
- Hover over the Advam line and click on the Edit link.
- Enter your Advam Account Number, Operator ID and Operator Password. Press update.
And that's it! You are now receiving credit card payments through the Advam payment gateway and drinking ice cold beer. Told you so...